Cómo gestionar una campaña

Dudas
Dardo_01

Cómo gestionar una campaña

Post by Dardo_01 » Mon, 10 Apr 2017, 12:23

Buenas, os pongo unos links que he encontrado en el foro de BMS con unos documentos donde explican como diseñar una campaña planeando las misiones, espero que os sea útil. Es para Falcon 4.0 pero puede servir para pillar el concepto.
http://www.nightwalkers.be/files/Guide_Part_I.pdf
http://www.nightwalkers.be/files/Guide_Part_II.pdf
Francisco Navarro "Dardo" - AME022
Piloto de Caza y Ataque
F-18

Destino Operativo:
Piloto 152 Escuadrón Virtual

Dardo_01

Re: Cómo gestionar una campaña

Post by Dardo_01 » Mon, 10 Apr 2017, 12:24

otro post interesante del mismo hilo de BMS https://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showthre ... n-Planning

selecting targets is pretty easy IMO

it goes something like

destroy enemy SAMs to gain the ability to OCA (n/a if you wish to do loft/standoff attacks, i suppose)

destroy enemy ability to sortie in order to gain air superiority over the FLOT

begin interdiction of enemy in the area north of the FLOT, prioritizing in order: heavy armor, SP guns, mechanized formations, SS missile/towed gun battalions, then HQ, HART, infantry, etc

once front line is sufficiently rolled back, continue interdicting enemy reinforcements as they travel from pyong'yang

as far as i've observed, the strongest units in the game are tanks by far, so your best bet to allow your lines to push is to secure an easy advance for your tanks, that means obliterating anything that can give them pause, or attrit them during their offensives.

as far as i can tell they roll over anything below mech battalions on the priority list without taking much if any losses, which means as long as a battalion of M48s never meets a DPRK tank formation above 1/2~ strength they can drive pretty much all the way to pyongyang.

the crucial things that determine the pace of the allied advance are:

at least a few tank battalions survive to continue the push; keep in mind that attritted, wounded, exhausted or poorly supplied battalions will be assigned to reserve (rear line duty) and basically sit out the rest of the campaign

there are useful (non-destroyed) bridges that your forces can cross. unfortunately korea is a riverland. AFAIK that doesn't bother the DPRK so much as most of the russian-derived vehicles are amphibious (or, at least much of it is) but as far as i know most of the american/ROK forces aren't, which means that if your AF knocks out the bridges it can take ages to advance as each one is repaired in sequence, slowly crossed, repaired, crossed etc. all the way to the capital(s)

also, do keep in mind that just because you do not see enemy tanks on the map does not mean they are not there. the campaign models to some degree the imperfection of wartime intelligence. units may at some points become invisible if they:

-are "mobile" units (as in, not an SA-2 tier thing that's impossible to move) most units in rolling fire qualify for this.
-they have not been scouted by an air unit on a recce mission (or a player with a recon pod) or have not recently been in contact with friendlies.

this means that at any one time there may be probably up to 2/3 of the DPRK OOB that is actually invisible. this is obviously a big problem if you want to shepherd tanks to pyongyang, as at any point when you're sitting cozy, checking intel reports your friends down at ROK tank battalion#302874902 are about to run into a crossfire of 100 type 85II. fortunately there is a way around this and it is called the U-2.

once the SAMs and red air have died down i like to send a few of those guys out on recon missions at 50,000 feet or so to thoroughly scout areas of interest. as you might expect they're pretty good at scouting vast tracts of land, so at least for a little while you'll have "perfect" intelligence of what exactly is in the areas you're looking to overwatch.

if you wanted you could probably task recce patrols to keep an area scouted indefinitely, if you wanted. but i don't go that far, all i care about generally is if there's some tanks holding a bridgehead somewhere that need blowing up.
Francisco Navarro "Dardo" - AME022
Piloto de Caza y Ataque
F-18

Destino Operativo:
Piloto 152 Escuadrón Virtual